Naitik and Shaurya from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain were very excited to start their joint business together. Unfortunately things took a turn when the lines between business and relationships were crossed. Here are a few pros and cons of mixing the two -
1. Strong understanding and similar views between partners due to their personal equation can benefit the business
2. Since you already know your partner, you are aware of their positives and negatives and are more accepting of their nature
3. Your partner will be able to understand if you are having a personal problem or crisis
4. Work can really be fun if you share great chemistry and enjoy each other's company
1. You need to tread carefully and cannot always be blunt as this may offend your partner
2. Finances may cause severe tension if not sorted out in an organized manner
3. Due to your personal equation with your partner, they may often end up taking undue advantage of this relationship
4. If a problem arises, often family and friends get dragged into the equation and they too have to suffer the consequences
Tips to avoid conflict -
1. Always segregate roles and responsibilities and have clear cut defined roles for your partner and yourself
2. Give your inputs and suggestions but do not make decisions for your partner
3. If there is a difference of opinion, sort it out rationally keeping in mind the benefit of the business as your priority
4. Do not get into heated arguments, screaming matches and hurling accusations with your partner
Mixing business and relationships will always have its pros and cons. But you must remember that issues will always arise but we should know how to tackle them in a mature manner and not let any situation get the better of us.
Do you think mixing business and relationships is a good idea? Do share your solutions of how these problems can be solved?