Khushi has beautiful skin but nonetheless reveals “I always make sure to take off all my make-up with a moisturizing cream or baby oil and let my skin breathe for a while so that it looks fresh the next morning.” Akshara shares “During the rains, my skin often looks dull and so I rub tomato peels all over my face and this makes it rejuvenated.” Their skin care tips that will be a boon during this monsoon season are:
1. Always begin by using a mild face wash or scrub to cleanse your face of all the dirt that has accumulated throughout the day.
2. Use a toner that suits your skin type. A mild toner is best suited for dry and oily skin types.
3. Many of us feel it is not necessary to moisturize the face during the rainy season but this is not so as moisturizing will keep dryness at bay.
4. Using rose water will also keep the skin soft and glowing during this season.
5. Try and use natural, homemade ingredients like curd, yoghurt, honey etc for the skin as these are free of harmful chemicals like other beauty products.
6. Eat healthy foods like vegetables and fruits as these are good for the skin.
7. Drink lots of water as this helps the skin to look fresh, younger and supple.
8. During the rains, it is better to avoid heavy make-up
, as this blocks pores and is likely to cause acne.
9. Splashing cold water is a handy tip for a quick fix to get that dewy look.
10. Finally stay away from excessive smoking, alcohol and stress as this tends to take a toll on the skin.
Don’t forget to give your skin lots of tender loving care this monsoon and you will be rewarded with smooth, healthy and shining skin, inviting loads of compliments.
What is your skin care mantra? Do share with us the tips for skin care you swear by too.