1. Acceptance is the key to any relationship. While trusting and supporting each other, accepting your partner means letting them be themselves. Look at Sooraj and Sandhya!
2. Encourage and Appreciate. If you encourage your partner at every step whether it’s a career goal or a plain hobby, you show that you care. Remember how Krishna is supporting Pratigya for further education? Similarly take the time out to appreciate your partner every now and then.
3. Finding things of common interest is an ongoing process, the way Viren - Jeevika do. Take up dancing lessons together or simply work out together. Take interest in what your partner enjoys just like Naitik who takes Akshara out to eat pani puri as it is her favourite.
4. Be open to negotiate when things don’t go your way. In a relationship, putting the WE before the ME is very important.
1. Never criticize your partner in front of others, talk about the habits you don’t like in each other when you are alone. Positive discussions go a long way.
2. Don’t try to change yourself or your partner, variety makes a relationship more interesting.
3. We should learn from our mistakes rather than turn them into accusations to get one up on your partner.
4. Go easy on the ego, there is no place for it in a relationship.
“I am not educated like Babu is, but I manage to find ways to keep her happy,” shares a loving Krishna. “Differences do not matter when we have so much love between us. It is important to trust and understand your partner,” adds Pratigya.
The more you get to know your partner, the more the bond strengthens. The suave and Harvard-educated Arnav and the simple and sweet girl Khushi share a rare chemistry. “It is important to adjust with your partner and stay strong all throughout,” shares Khushi. “I respect Khushi for what she is. Her liveliness adds a spark to our relationship,” reveals Arnav.
So, how do you strike a balance with your partner? Share your stories with us here.